Re: debug_info causing problem with multi-ice

mohanlal jangir wrote:

After working with Redboot and arm-elf-gdb for a long, finally I managed to have a multi-ice unit. I have one question regarding multi-ice.

Have you looked at http://ecos.sourceware.org/multi-ice.html ? That allows you to use GDB.

1. In target.ld file, the input section .debug_info for output section
.debug_aranges seems to be causing problems. When I try to download image on
target, the debugger stops showing some internal error. After replacing
.debug_info by some arbitrary string, I am able to load image. Can somebody
explain what is problem? The same linker script works well with gdb.

By debugger, you mean ADW? The problem is that there are no guarantees that the ARM tools can read debug info from the GNU tools.

2. When I click over "view => source file" button on ADW GUI, I see a list
of files like \ecos-c\cygwin\opt\ecos\ecos-2.0\..... and so on. But when I
click over the file, I receive an error message saying file not found.

It's a cygwin path so non-cygwin tools won't understand it.

tried to add path through "add search path", then I was able to see the
source file but could not put a break point. Trying to put a breakpoint
gives error messages "file name not found in debug data". What should I do?
[I have compiled source files with -gdwarf option.]

Could well be the .debug_info section, or many other possible incompatibilities.