problem regarding exec command in redboot

Dear ECOS experts,

I have done a basic HAL port of redboot to my own board, which is based on
pxa255. I enabled the "exec" command by inserting the definition of machine
type. But I encountered difficulty using this command. When I use it to
execute kernel, the system halts. When I use it to execute a image in RAM,
system halts too, while the "go" gets the right result. My port was based on
ECOS 2.0.

How to test if the exec is doing the correct thing? Thanks.

Best regards,
Pred