Re: how to control header file inclusion ?

On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 00:23, rakesh wrote:
> I have added a new package(as cdl_package) to ecos
> repository. Inside the package source, I have three
> directories; cdl, include and src. Direcory src have
> source files for three modules(as cdl_component),
> which will be compiled if corrosponding module in
> enabled in configtool. Directory include have header
> files for all modules. But regardless of any module
> enabled or disabled, it's header files will be present
> in ecos_install/include direcoty(my build directory).
> In cdl script, I can control source file compilation
> depending upon if module is enabled. But how to
> control include files? I tried to put include_dir
> option in cdl_component but that complains.
> Documentation also says that include_dir and
> include_files can be put into cdl_package only. I
> don't want to see lot of unnecessary header files in
> ecos_install/include directory. Can I specify any
> header file directory path in cdl?

If you don't want the include files exported (placed into the
build tree), then just don't put them in your "include" directory!
There's nothing against having include files in the "src" directory.
These files would then only be accessible by the local package,
which is what you're looking for I believe.

As for using the CDL directives, look for a working example, such as:
  devs/wallclock/dallas/ds1742/current/wallclock_ds1742.cdl
This package chooses to place its include files in <cyg/io/wallclock/...>
and explicitly decides which files to export.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates