Re: debugging rtc clock counter value

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 00:48, Satish Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>     i have programmed my timer for 10 micro sec rtc resolution, and
> hence my CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_NUMERATOR is 1000000 and the
> CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_DENOMINATOR is 100.  my clock speed is 48Mhz and
> using the 16 bit pre-scale , i have calculate my rtc time period as
> 30000.
>      i have enabled the overide default clock setting in the ecos kernel
> package..after doin all this, i m having problems in testing the
> clocktruth.cxx program sucessfully. i have reported this problem quiet
> no: of times but, couldn`t get any response on this issue..
>
>    on reading the rtc->counter_value_lo() , i always get a 0 value and
> it never gets updated..i have no idea whatz the problem..some one help
> me how to debug this issue..
>
>   is this the problem with some initialization routine in the clocks or
> alaram functions..? in the kernel src..!

I don't recall seeing in any previous message that you wanted to run
your clock at 10us!  I can't see how this will ever work (at least not
on any processor eCos currently runs on) as the processor will be
totally swamped handling interrupts from this device.

Can you set the timer to more sane values, e.g. 10ms, and see if you can
get the code to work?

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates