Re: how to startup the ecos from Linux?

On 24 Sep 2003 13:11:14 -0600, Gary Thomas wrote
> On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 08:11, b8944004 wrote:
> > I know I can startup ecos from Wince on the IPAQ 3630 by using
> > the "OSloader".
> > the steps:
> >  1.copy my image(bootldr) to the root of IPAQ
> >  2.execute OSloader
> >  3.tools->bootldr->Run After loading from file
> >
> > How to startup ecos from linux like using the WinCE ??
> >
> > My image is ecos+Microwindows.
>
> I doubt that this can work since eCos needs to run in Supervisor
> mode and take over the hardware, something that Linux is loathe
> to allow.
Maybe I should correct into emulate eCos on WinCE and Linux.

I tried to emulate eCos,my image is eCos+Microwindows,from WinCE on IPAQ
3630 by using the "OSloader" and it could run until
the Microwindows Windows Manger (a green frame).
Then the IPAQ˙open a virtual keyboard, but it couldn't be use on IPAQ 3870
in the same way.
I guess the reason is the memory. Because the RedBoot
doesn't supported for H3870,so I want to emulate eCos on the Familiar Linux
of IPAQ 3870.

    When I have read the documents on web,it wrote that I must set the
target to "i386linux" if I want to
  use "eCos Synthetic Target".It mean that the emulation only c run on the
i386 linux?  Are there any solutions about emulating on the
    ARM linux??

Thanks for reading and sorry about my poor English.
Regards.