Re: how to startup the ecos from Linux?

b8944004 wrote

When I have read the documents on web,it wrote that I must set the target to "i386linux" if I want to use "eCos Synthetic Target".It mean that the emulation only c run on the i386 linux? Are there any solutions about emulating on the
ARM linux??

eCos synthetic target currently supports only linux i386. It could
probably run on ARM linux (the i386 specific code is in hal/synth/i386linux).
But I can't quite understand what you want to do - running eCos synthetic target using ARM linux on IPAQ doesn't make much sense to me.

The synthetic target is mainly used to speed up developing and testing.
And you can do that using linux on i386. There is the always a question of hardware abstraction and currently there is no MW screen, keyboard or
mouse driver (except for the VNC aproach).I have done some experimenting in that direction, but it is in no usable form - at least for now :-)

savin