how to install redboot

hi there again.
I'm willing to install redboot in a new flash memmory in a networking device. I'd like to know wich are the steps to install redboot on a flash device, if any can help me out with this, and of course, how to configure redboot so it will fit my requirements.

I'm not asking for your cook recipe, just some steps or at least a link where I can get the info I'm needing.

I'll be very thankful

regards

lucas