8260 driver cannot access DPRAM

I am writing an HDLC driver using SCC3 on an 8250 (an 8260 variant). Using a build a coworker has done for the rattler card, I've started on a basic driver. My problem is that my code cannot access the DPRAM. Using the address 0x04700000 as the base of this RAM, I get a segmentation violation when I try to access anything there. In fact, gdb can't even access that memory (e.g. when I try to dump at that address). I know this is the same memory the serial and ethernet driver also access so it must be possible. Seems like some memory protection is going on. In an attempt to take some baby steps and get something basic running, I have not added my driver as a package (not sure if this makes a difference) but I have added an init function to the drivers table via the DEVTAB_ENTRY macro. The init function gets a segmentation violation as soon as it tries to access the cpcr register in the DPRAM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Todd