RE: Microwindows - CYGPKG_NET_STACK_INET ???

On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 05:01, Oscar wrote:
> But the package CYGPKG_NET_STACK_INET don't exist in file ecos.db
> OSCAR

That's because it's not the name of a package, but rather a capability
provided by network stacks.  A quick scan of the sources:
  [gthomas@hermes packages]$ find net -name "*.cdl" | xargs grep CYGPKG_NET_STACK_INET
  net/bsd_tcpip/current/cdl/freebsd_net.cdl:    implements    CYGPKG_NET_STACK_INET
  net/bsd_tcpip/current/cdl/freebsd_net.cdl:    implements    CYGPKG_NET_STACK_INET6
  net/common/current/cdl/net.cdl:    cdl_interface CYGPKG_NET_STACK_INET {
  net/common/current/cdl/net.cdl:    cdl_interface CYGPKG_NET_STACK_INET6 {
  net/common/current/cdl/net.cdl:        active_if     CYGPKG_NET_STACK_INET
  net/common/current/cdl/net.cdl:            active_if     CYGPKG_NET_STACK_INET6
  net/tcpip/current/cdl/openbsd_net.cdl:    implements    CYGPKG_NET_STACK_INET
This shows that CYGPKG_NET_STACK_INET is an "interface" which
is implemented by either the FreeBSD or OpenBSD network stacks.

As Andrew said, start with the "net" template and you'll be fine.

  % ecosconfig new mpc50 net
  % ecosconfig add mw
  % ecosconfig tree

Of course, you'll need to port the graphics elements (screen, keyboard,
pointer), to this hardware platform before this can succeed.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates