Re: Trouble with SCC3 on AdderII module

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 08:53, Paul Randall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a A&M AdderII module and I am trying to communicate using the
> serial port.  The serial port on the AdderII uses SCC3 (the only SCC
> available on the MPC852T).  However, when I do a cyg_io_lookup(
> "/dev/scc3", &scc_handle ), the call fails becase SCC3 is not in the
> driver list.
>
> I build eCos under Windows using the Configuration Tool.  I check the
> "Hardware serial device drivers" option and the "PowerPC QUICC/SCC
> serial port 3 driver" selection under it.
>
>  From my experience using SCC1 on the Viper, I know the following line
> should be in the \pkgconf\system.h file:
>
> #define CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_DEVICE_HEADER
> <pkgconf/io_serial_powerpc_quicc_smc.h>
>
> This line is not in the \pkgconf\system.h file for the AdderII, but I
> can't figure out why not.  This is preventing the
> pkgconf\io_serial_powerpc_quicc_smc.h file from being included in the
> \pkgconf\io_serial.h file.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I didn't see the problem you are reporting.  Except for a compile error
(which obviously you did not see), this worked for me:
  % ecosconfig new adderII net
  % ecosconfig import serial.ecm
  % ecosconfig tree
where 'serial.ecm' is:
  cdl_component CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES {
      user_value 1
  };

The compile error is now fixed BTW - update your tree.

CAUTION: There is a current problem (BUG #90391) which says that if
you enable the serial device drivers on these platforms, it will hang.
That's only 50% true - if you enable the SMC1 driver then it hangs.
Leave it off and it will work fine.  For my testing, I also did this:
  cdl_component CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_POWERPC_QUICC_SMC_SMC1 {
      user_value 0
  };

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>