Re: Help enquiring thread info in ecos

Gary,
I think I understand my problem better. I was running
a simulator called "tsim" which simulates a sparc
target.  I can run my program on the RAM of the "tsim"

I startup the simulatar("tsim") using a gdb flag on a
linux machine

(linux) tsim -gdb
TSIM/LEON SPARC simulator, version 1.2.4 (professional
version)

using 64-bit time
serial port A on stdin/stdout
allocated 4096 K RAM memory, in 1 bank(s)
allocated 2048 K ROM memory
icache: 1 * 4 kbytes, 16 bytes/line (4 kbytes total)
dcache: 1 * 4 kbytes, 16 bytes/line (4 kbytes total)
gdb interface: using port 1234

The simulator  start to listen on port 1234 for any
gdb request. Using insight I can connect to the
simulator and load my application program into memory.

My application program is build only with
"sparc-elf-gcc", this means I am not packaging all the
OS code into this application code.

I think I need to use "mkprom" or "redBoot" to include
all the all the debug capabilities.

Please let me know if this make sense.
        Hadi
ps : I have to read up on redBoot.