Re: Hi,

Thanx for quick reply.
I am referring to the book named 'Embedded Software Development with eCos' written by Author 'Anthony J. Massa'.
I have already compile the default example ( basic.c ) successfully using the default configuration of i386( with 82559 NIC ).
The application still making appropriate ' basic.s ' while target set as the 'i386 with 82559 NIC'.
Hence, i  hope there is no problem in toolchains.
what do you mean by 'messed up your source tree', if it's there how i should correct.

Regards,
Dhawal.

Dhawal Mer wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanx for your immediate reply.
> As per your info i have added below statements to your specified path,
> <...>/packages/io/pci/current/include/pci.h:
> —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> #ifndef CYGARC_PCI_DMA_ADDRESS
> #define CYGARC_PCI_DMA_ADDRESS(_x_) CYGARC_PHYSICAL_ADDRESS(_x_)
> #endif
> —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> When i try to compile with above added statements,still i am getting the same error.
> Pleaser mail me,where i am going wrong.

I don't know where exactly you are going wrong, but something is very
broken with your setup. Looking at your error message, it says:

 >/ecos-c/ecos/packages/io/fileio/current/src/misc.cxx:104: undefined
 > reference to `CYGARC_PCI_DMA_ADDRESS'

However, the file mentioned does not contain any reference to
CYGARC_PCI_DMA_ADDRESS, presumably because the fileio package has
nothing at all to do with the PCI bus. So either you have messed up your
source tree, or your development toolchain is seriously broken.
|     Eric Doenges              |     DynaPel Laboratories GmbH    |
|     Tel: +49 89 962428 23     |     Fraunhoferstrasse 9/2        |
|     Fax: +49 89 962428 90     |     D - 85737 Ismaning, Germany  |