Re: Problems with var_mk_defs.c

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 08:35, James Yates wrote:
> In the SH Hal architecture I am getting build problems relating to var_mk_defs.c.
> If I comment out the code within int main(void), the compile problems go away.
> When included, every call to DEFINE throws up a bad expression. Can anyone
> explain to me what this file is actually doing, or indeed why it isn't working
> as I am completely stuck.

What this program does is to use the target compiler to generate
machine dependent offsets within various structures used by eCos.
These are necessary for various assembly coded modules as they
have no other way to find data within objects (or other values
defined by the C/C++ environment).

We'd need to see the actual errors to be much more help.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates