at91eb40a Timer Counter

eCos currently uses TC0 to implement its main system timer and TC2 to
implement a microsecond delay timer. You could probably disable the
latter, but disabling the system timer would only work if you have no
code that needs timing services of any sort. This is fairly rare, even
for very simple programs.

-- Nick Garnett eCos Kernel Architect http://www.ecoscentric.com The eCos and RedBoot experts

Thank you all, who answered my last message, and now I have other questions

In fact I really need to get the maximum free timer-counters of the board, since I need a pretty fast measurement rate of signals.(PWM)

Anyone knows, wich features are compromised disabling the microsecond timer?

So the "clock ticks" I would expect from ecos in this case would be maximum the MCK/2 that TC0 supports?

And a final question, since the Interrupt model that eCos uses as the documentation says, is based on the ARM model, should I expect that the interrupt model work would be transparent from ecos code?(On the AT91EB40a).