redboot on dreamcast

Hi,

I am using the Massa eCos book as a guideline to het redboot going on
my dreamcast. When I follow the procedure as described in the book, after
selecting the right target and redboot package via the templates, I get
the following error when trying to import the .ecm file for my configuration :

/opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/packages/hal/sh/dreamcast/v2_0/misc/redboot_RAM.ecm: error
Attempt to load an unknown package `CYGPKG_FS_ISO'

Although I am new at ecos I can imagine problems regarding iso fs stuff
are severe, since redboot will be loaded from an iso image on the
dreamcast cdrom. This is probably why my dreamcast displays the
SEGA logo and copyright notice correctly, but fails to continue the
boot process when using the cdroms I have burned so far.

When I browse the packages directory there does not seem to a package for
iso support, and typing ISO in the 'filter packages via keyword window'
only seems to produce result regarding the ISO standards, not
the ISO9660 file system...any suggestions?

If you are reading this and already have put redboot successfully on
the dreamcast, can you also tell me if I still need to scramble the
redboot.bin file before I put it on the cdrom? I cannot find an answer
for this on the web, the best page seems to be in Japanese.

Thanks a lot for any reply...

Jo De Baer

okok Peter it is not THAT easy *grin*

NEOlabs - http://www.neolabs.be - mailto:info@neolabs.be