This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: TCP Transactions
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- To: Matt Jerdonek <maj1224 at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: Discussion eCos <ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:11:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] TCP Transactions
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> 3) Change the MSL timeout from 30sec to something
> smaller. Is there any interest in making the MSL
> timer something configurable?
It already is configurable.
1) Uses sysctl(). Its something like net.inet.tcp.msl. You can
probably find its proper name using the sysctl test program.
2) The network stack makes a lot of its variables global. tcp_msl is
no exception. But there is a bit of jiggery-pokery going on, so its
actually called cyg_tcp_msl. So just do something like...
extern int cyg_tcp_msl;
/* 'Orrible hack warning. Play around with the internal timer
variables of the network stack. Yuck. */
cyg_tcp_msl = 10;
I would spend some time to see what else uses this timer. This might
change other things are well as how long sockets take to close.
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss