Re: TCP Transactions

> 1) Uses sysctl(). Its something like
> net.inet.tcp.msl. You can probably find its
> proper name using the sysctl test program.

I downloaded the current FreeBSD stack to use your
sysctl updates (Thanks for adding this!).  Anyway, msl
isn't an option.  So, I'm stuck using global memory
for now until I extend the sysctl interface.  Is there
any standard sysctl template?  Can I just add it to
the end of the list in tcp_var.h?

Also, I need to control the TCP retransmissions, which
is set to 12, and is way too slow for transactions.
Since rexmits is controlled by TCP_MAXRXTSHIFT
(tcp_timer.h) and is not accessible via global memory,
is my best option to make it configurable via the cdl?

Thanks,
-- Matt