Re:

Radu Cernea said:
>>> The difference is in the pin allocation for SMC2:
>>>
>>> - Port B21 & B20 for MPC860
>>> - Port A9 & A8 for MPC850
>>>
>>> The current version of quicc_smc1.c initialize the port pins MPC850-like
>>> (function cyg_hal_smcx_init_channel).
>>>
>>> My question is:
>>> How is it better to add the MPC860 initialization version to the eCos sources?
>>> Should I create a new file, use a conditional pre-compilation flag, or??
>>
>> What version of quicc_smc1.c are you looking at? There is supposed to be
> complete
>> support already in place for SMC1/SMC2 and SCC1/SCC2/SCC4.  If this is not the
>> case, we need to fix it *there*, not add new code somewhere else.
> Unfortunately I do not have CVS access (the IT department rules?), so I
> download snapshots from ecoscentric. In the last one (031026), I?m looking at
> the file:
> /ecos/packages/hal/powerpc/quicc/current/src/quicc_smc1.c
>
> There is support for SMC2, but the initialization is not the proper one for
> MPC860. Instead of:
> 168:    eppc->pio_papar |= 0xc0;
> 169:    eppc->pio_padir &= ~0xc0;
> 170:    eppc->pio_paodr &= ~0xc0;
>
> It should be something like:
>     eppc->pip_pbpar |=   0x00000C00;
>     eppc->pip_pbdir &= ~0x00000C00;
>     eppc->pip_pbodr &= ~0x00000C00;
>
> See, for the reference, the table 34-6 in MPC860UM.pdf

Fair enough - please send a proper patch for this, along with the
ChangeLog entry.  It would also be nice to see the corresponding
patch for the interrupt driven serial driber.

Note: use something like this:
  #if defined(CYGHWR_HAL_POWERPC_860) || defined(CYGHWR_HAL_POWERPC_860T)
    ... your proposed setup
  #else
    .. current setup
  #endif