RE: context for creating interrupts on edb7312

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 13:22, Aaron Case wrote:

> > ------Is creating interrupts within the init context possible?-------
> >

> What do you mean "creating" interrupts?  Do you mean actually fielding
> them (when they occur)?  In that case, no, since interrupts are not
> turned on (enabled) until you call the scheduler.
>
> a call(s) to cyg_interrupt_create()
>
> > I am using the EDB7312 processor with the arm720t core.
> >
> > I would prefer to locate all interrupt creation and configuration in
> > cyg_user_start, the init context, but have had little success in doing so.
> >

> Can you explain what you mean by this?
>
> Calls to cyg_interrupt_create(), cyg_intterrupt_attach(), and
> cyg_interrupt_unmask() that create and configure the interrupt structure of
> the system.

Look at the timer test I just committed:
  hal/powerpc/mpc8xxx/current/tests/mpc8xxx_timer.c
It creates, attaches, etc, an interrupt during cyg_user_start()
and then tests that it works.  It does work fine, BTW.

How is this example different from what you are trying to do?

n.b. Please be more careful when replying to emails - it was difficult
to determine what you quoted from my message and what you typed (in
fact, had I not typed it myself, I would not have been able to tell)

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates