Re: eCos developpement process?

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 11:04:21AM +0100, David N. Welton wrote:
> Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> writes:
>
> > Big patches take more work and so tend to take longer. Ugly patches
> > generally either get rejected and requested to be re-written, or we
> > fix them ourselves.  Some patches get stuck for legal reasons. Some
> > patches get included fast because it interests a particular
> > maintainers. Some patches get delayed because no maintainer is
> > particularly interested in the patch.
>
> It's almost completely slipped my mind at this point, because I
> haven't touched eCos since then, but which combination of these
> factors best describe the floppy driver that I had posted?

There are a few contributions all in this area. Your floppy driver,
the FAT filesystems, the file system block and cache layers etc.

All these have to fit together in one nice clean architecture. For
that to happen our eCos architect, Nick Garrett, has to spend some
time doing a design, document it and then either modify the various
patches to fit, or asking the contributers to make the modifications.
I've not seen any signs that Nick is doing this, probably because of
lack of time.....

     Andrew