Re: SH3 Redboot startup

Chris Blood <cblood@ad-holdings.co.uk> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a newcomer to the eCos community and I'm trying to port eCos to a
> bespoke SH3 platform. I am using eCos 2.0 under Cygwin / Win2k with
> eCosCentric SH toolset.
>
> I have ported to our system from a standard SH3 evaluation board and
> built a Redboot ROM image. (PS IMO Rod Campbell is correct about the
> FRCR register settings - according to the SH7709S manual the FRCR
> value is sometimes an illegal value). My system will run all the way
> to the "Redboot>" and then stop. It will not respond to any serial
> input at this point.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Given that you are getting output, I suspect that the problem is in
the serial input code. Double check that it is testing the right bit
for available input. Although if you are using the SCI device this
should be fine.

Since you have working output, try printing out the value of the SCSSR
register in cyg_hal_plf_sci_getc_nonblock() and see whether the RDRF
bit gets set when you type a character. If not then there may be a
hardware problem -- have you tried a different cable for example?
Another possibility is that your terminal emulator is expecting some
sort of flow control which the board is not giving it.