Re: Error in run tests

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 11:19:43AM +0100, Ricardo Andrino wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your fast answer
> but i don't understand when you say won't write anything. I want to load my program at address 0x1000000, flash memory and run my program from this memory is it not allowed?
> Why does have the board the flash memory?

You can run applications from flash, thats not a problem.

But the way the test cases are run requires the insertion of
breakpoints. You cannot put breakpoints into ROM. So its not possible
to run the test automatically. Instead you need to run the test
programs manually and manually determine if they have passed/failed.

When it comes to real application development, you will find it slow
working with your application in Flash. Again you cannot use
breakpoints, single steps etc. Its also slow writing the image to
flash every time you want to run it. Also, flash's do have a limited
number of erase/program cycles.

Its best to develop your application in RAM and then once its nearly
complete move it to FLASH for testing. It will naturally run slower in
FLASH, so you need to be careful about this.

       Andrew