Re: how to create a red boot image for hard disk

[Please keep ecos-discuss in the CC list, that way the discussion may
also be of use to others, and it gets archived.]

"Giri" <giri@jntu.net> writes:

> Hai Nick Garnett
>    thanks for your information.
>    basically why i asked this question is my target is not having floppy
> connector(it got currupted). so i am trying to boot my target from
> Hardisk.
>    can i boot my target with compact flash if so could u please tell me
> how can i.

You could try adapting the floppy bootstrap code for the hard disk you
are using, you will need to adjust the sector and track counts and the
device identifier. You will have to find some BIOS documentation to
tell you what to do.

If the CF implements an IDE interface then you can boot from that in
exactly the same way as from a hard disk.