Re: No zlib crc32 support?

"Steve Strublic" <SStrublic@hypercom.com> writes:

> I'll leave the resolution up to the maintainers.
>
> Steve

Since Andrew is a maintainer, and the CRC stuff is his baby then I'm
quite happy to accept his judgement on this issue.

To largely reiterate what Andrew said: We cannot, as a general rule,
litter eCos with unqualified symbols like "crc32", we need to ensure
that the name space is a clean as possible for application
code. crc32() is not a standardized API function name, so we must call
it something else. Also, since there are several different CRC32
algorithms, selecting any specific implementation to be called crc32()
would never satisfy everyone. Making the user select the
implementation explicitly by means of a #define renders this choice
obvious.