Re: Debugging information

"Ali Rodgo" <alirodgo@web.de> writes:

> Hi,
> I have used the arm-elf-strip program to reduce the size for my
> program. I know that debugging information go off with this but Does
> it mean that i cannot debug my program? Why does this information
> use for?

You can still debug the program, but you will not have any symbolic
information, so you will not be able to do source-level debugging, or
even reference function or variable names. You will only be able to
work in machine instructions and memory addresses.

The debug sections and symbol tables that strip removes supply the
information that GDB uses to implement symbolic debugging.