RE: ROMRAM on EB55

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Alan Bowman wrote:

> Thanks.  I've tried building the redboot image myself, and I am getting
> the same problem, i.e. when I boot into it, I see no output from
> Hyperterminal.  I'm not sure where best to start debugging a ROM(RAM)
> image.  Any suggestions?  I don't mind using Redboot from ROM or ROMRAM,
> but I want my application to run as a ROMRAM app, and I can't get that
> to work either, so I thought that Redboot would be a better starting
> point.

Alan,

Is it possible to connect a JTAG debugger like a Wiggler to your board and
single step through the startup sequence? I know that I had similar
problems with ROMRAM for an EB40-type system. It turned out that in my
case the memory map of the board I was debugging was slightly different
than Atmel's EB40 board. I discovered that in the startup code
(hal_platform_setup.h) addresses were hardcoded for the EB40. This of
course caused the ROMRAM image to fail.

Scott