This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- To: Leandro Fanzone <leandro at hasar dot com>
- Cc: eCos Disuss <ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 13:45:58 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] __pci_window
- References: <3FF5D10F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 05:14:07PM -0300, Leandro Fanzone wrote:
> I'm trying to use a 386 board with a very limited amount of RAM. I was
> playing around with the memory map, and I found out that the label
> called __pci_window takes about 400k in the GRUB target. Can someone
> tell me what is that for?
This is memory which is shared between the processor and PCI devices.
If you don't have any PCI devices, you can probably remove it.
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss