This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: EB 40A, Serial driver stops after 10 minutes
- From: dne at mayonnaise dot net (Daniel Néri)
- To: ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 00:53:45 +0100
- Subject: [ECOS] Re: EB 40A, Serial driver stops after 10 minutes
- Organization: A safe european home
- References: <email@example.com>
Shiv Subramaniam <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> We then changed the driver to "Improved AT91 serial driver" by
> John Recker from the contrib site
> (http://ecos.sourceware.org/contrib.html). This driver did not drop
> packets for the rate - 760 bytes per second (baud: 38400). After 10
> minutes - the whole system comes to a halt - The system does not
> respond to the packets sent to the serial port.
This is not surprising as this code violates some basic eCos
principles, e.g. locking/unlocking a mutex in DSR context, and worse,
operating on a semaphore in ISR context.
I suggest that the maintainers remove the link to this code from the
contributions page, now that a better serial driver exists in official
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss