Re: Questions on ecosconfig

<kevin_lemay@agilent.com> writes:

> Ok, One more question.....
>
> The graphical tool allows me to pick i386 with pro/100 or 1G drivers.
>
> How is this selected with ecosconfig? Does my script need to manually add the ethernet driver?
>
> So would my script will look something like:
>
> ecosconfig new pc net
> ecosconfig add <network driver?>
> ecosconfig import <my changes file>
> ecosconfig resolve
> ecosconfig tree
> make

The PC with the gigabit driver is actually a different target, so you
would use the following:

ecosconfig new pc_giga net
ecosconfig import <my changes file>
ecosconfig resolve
ecosconfig tree
make

This is one of the areas where the config system isn't quite as good
as it could be. For most targets the set of peripherals is fixed --
they are either on-chip or soldered, quited firmly, to the PCB. The PC
is just about the only platform where this is not true and we work
around it by defining multiple targets. There is also a pc_rltk8139
target for PCs with a Realtek 8139 card installed.