Re: Compiling without -g flag

kevin_lemay@agilent.com said:
> I tried to use the --disable-debug option on the ecosconfig command line when I generated my
> project, but the generated makefiles still have the -g option when they are run. I also tried to
> edit the .ecc file and removed the -g from the global options and it still uses -g when it builds.
>
> How do I get an optimized build without the debug information?
>
> I am using an i386 platform. Performance is compariable to vxWorks (slightly lower), but I want to
> see what happens when I remove the debug info.

It had better be "nothing at all" - the "-g" flag only affects the object code
by adding debug information.  There should be no difference in the code that is
generated at all.

How to disable "-g": remove/override it in the CYGBLD_GLOBAL_CFLAGS option within
your platform HAL.  Note: you need to rerun ecosconfig (or the equivalent with the
GUI) for this to have an effect.