Re: problem using SMC1 serial port of A&M Rattler as console

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 12:30, agyhoo wrote:
> I tried the exact command sequence you list below and
> imported the .ecm file you sent. The Hello World works
> in this case.
>
> However, when I change the cmd sequence below to use the
> net template (ie. ecosconfig new rattler net), the results
> are mixed. For the hello world program, I get garbled
> output
> as follows:
>
> ld!Hello Wor
>
> If I try another example program like "twothreads" which
> involves continuous printing to the console, the letters
> "ne" appear and then the code seems to hang.
>
> I am starting the code as follows. After linking the ecos
> image with the example app I download it to the Rattler
> using TFTP (via the Redboot load cmd). Once loaded, I
> execute the application by typing "go".

How new is your RedBoot?  I fixed this problem on Dec 16 - it
has to do with how serial I/O works and interactions with caches.

I'd suggest that you get the latest sources and rebuild and
reinstall RedBoot and see if it helps.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates