Re: PowerPC mnemonics

Peter Graf <p.graf@itknet.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> could someone point me to a documentation of the GNU assembler
> mnemonics for the PowerPC? I use a manual from Motorola, but the
> mnemonics there seem incompatible to the GNU ones. (Sorry for being
> slightly OT. Trying to read eCos startup code :-)

The actual instruction set mnemonics should match, I've certainly not
noticed any differences. The assembler directives will probably be
different, we tend to use the GCC standard ones rather than any that
are there for compatibility with manufacturers assemblers. The GCC
assembler directives should be described in the GCC documentation.