Re: PowerPC mnemonics

Peter Graf <p.graf@itknet.de> writes:

> >The actual instruction set mnemonics should match, I've certainly not
> >noticed any differences.
> >
> Just a few quick examples: lwi, lis, li are not in the Motorola manual.
> Vice versa I also tried some mnemonics from the Motorola manual, which
> GCC wouldn't accept.

lwi is a macro defined in arch.inc, lis and li are simplified
mnemonics defined in appendix F of the Programming Environments
manual. I'll agree that it is annoying that really useful information
like this is hidden away in an appendix, but that's IBM for you :-/

I would be interested to know what Motorola mnemonics are missing. Not
that we could do anything about it, this is would be a matter for the
GCC team to fix.