This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: PC nonblocking console I/O
- From: Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc dot com>
- To: "Richardson, Anthony" <ar63 at evansville dot edu>
- Cc: ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:48:35 -0700
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] PC nonblocking console I/O
- Organization: MLB Associates
- References: <FBAA835302BB614E9D5B54EBEA335DCB399C03@uemail02.evansville.edu>
On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 14:38, Richardson, Anthony wrote:
> I've been trying to get nonblocking read working on the PC console
> using the following code:
> cyg_uint32 blkinfo = 0;
> length = sizeof(blkinfo);
> stat = cyg_io_set_config(console,
> &blkinfo, &length);
> where console is a handle corresponding to "/dev/ttydiag"
> I keep getting error 22 "Invalid argument". I am able to to turn off
> character echoing (I'm trying to get a raw console) so I'm pretty sure
> the console handle is okay. Is this not working because the console
> correspond to a real serial device or am I doing something wrong?
> I did set the CYGOPT_IO_SERIAL_SUPPORT_NONBLOCKING option in the
> configuration. I've tried various options in the configuration tool
> regard to enabling "TTY mode serial device drivers" and "TTY mode
> channel #2"
> but without success. If anyone could provide pointers they would be
> much appreciated.
> I'm using the 2.0 release.
You can't use ttydiag for this - it has to be a regular serial device.
'ttydiag' maps onto the diagnostic I/O channel which is polled only.
Gary Thomas <email@example.com>
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss