Re: SCM20 board problem

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 04:01:16PM +0100, Luca Formaggio wrote:
> Hi,
> I use SCM20 MIPS board. I have no problem to compile
> for this board but the execution is very slow (the
> application is quite simple). For example is more
> slower than the simulator. I compile the file for
> debug application.
> Someone have any idea on this strange case?

This may not be so strange. Is your simulator cycle accurate? If
you're using an instruction set simulator only, such as SID, then
you are likely to find that the performance of the simulated target
will be a function of the host machine. Typical reports of SID
usage have shown the effective target speed to be around 1/6 of
the host PC - so on a 2.4GHz host the target would appear to be
running at about 16 times the speed of your actual hardware.

Have you built the eCos tests? How did the output of tm_basic compare
to published results for similar target hardware?

 Daniel

Besuchen Sie uns vom 17.-19.02.2004 auf der Embedded World 2004, Stand 12-449
Visit us at Embedded World 2004, Nürnberg, Germany, 17-19 Feb, Stand 12-449