Re: PB-0555 .ecm file

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 17:54, Carlos Gonzalez wrote:
> Dear eCos list,
>
> We are working on a project which uses the PB-0555 board from Axiom. I
> would very much like to use the RedBoot system (perhaps adding the
> networking libraries, though I've read they may not fit). After doing
> some fiddling, I've got all the tools installed on my Linux box and can
> compile a RedBoot install, however I'm using the redboot_ROM.ecm file
> for the cme555 and encountering problems because of differences in the
> memory map. I was wondering if anyone had created a .ecm file for use
> with the PB-0555. My impression is that I can then import this file with
> the configtool, compile my OS, then use the objcopy command to create an
> S19 file and then transfer it to the board over minicom. If anyone
> either has an appropriate .ecm file or has some modifications to the
> cme555 file I could perform, I would appreciate it. Thank you very much.

It sounds like you need a lot more than a simple .ecm file.  If your
memory map/layout is different, or if there are other significant
differences between your platform and what is in the repository, then
you'll need to port eCos to your platform.

Look at
  http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/hal-porting-guide.html
for a reference on porting eCos to a new platform.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates