Re: Confused by eCos packages.

Jason Thomas wrote:

   I've set up the gnutools, and eCos 2.0. I can select templates from the
configtool gui, and build eCos from the various templates provided. My
target system is a i386-elf based system, however the ethernet device
isn't an intel model, but instead an AMD pcnet. If I open the
"build-packages" menu, there is a list containing the AMD pcnet
package, but when I select "add," regardless of the package, it informs
me that in order to add/remove packages I need to make a new template.
I am using the wxWindows/Gtk configtool on Mandrake Linux 9.0 i686. I
believe what I need to do is simply use the default i386-elf template,
unload the intel ethernet driver package, and then add the AMD pcnet
ethernet package. Perhaps this wxWindows version doesn't yet support
the task of adding and removing packages?

The eCos Configuration Tool will not let you add and remove individual eCos packages that are part of the hardware abstraction layer (HAL). It should definitely let you add/remove other eCos packages.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited
--
Visit us at Embedded World 2004 :: Nürnberg 17-19 Feb :: Stand 12-449