Re: Adding library to libtarget.a

I have a libmylib.a which is needed by my serial I/O code. Usually, I link it when I link my app. Now when I want to build redboot, I don't know how to link it. It would be fine for me to always link libmylib.a into libtarget.a, as a part of the HAL package probably. How can I do that?

What you are talking about is adding a new package to eCos. The eCos build system will then build the package when it builds the rest of eCos and make you new package part of libtarget.a. Take a look at the http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/cdl-guide/cdl-guide.html and look at some of the other packages in eCos. The cdl file in each package is the key to all this.

Right. My question should have been, "How do I use a library in a package?". I've seen how you add source files to a package - with the compile statement. I found no similar statement to add a library. I only have the library, not the source files.

Heiko Panther