SMSC Lan 91c111 ethernet controller ignores packets

Intel xScale 400mhz
Triton evaluation board <Ka-Ro TRITON ETN on
Starterkit 2>
SMSC Lan 91c111 ethernet controller

Using the lan91cxx drivers

Problem description:

The Lan driver ignores packets with the following
"recvfrom: Operation timed out" (error 360)

My application is the "ping_test.c" file

Question:

I have seen a post about this issue a month ago with
no replies.

Will i get a reply to the above if I pay for
support/consulting?

Question #2:
Does anyone use the triton eval board with eCos or am
i the first (they deliver it with redboot and linux)