Re: Adding library to libtarget.a

Andrew Lunn wrote:

I actually tried that. Problem here is the link order. It seems that the items from CYGBLD_GLOBAL_LDFLAGS get linked last, but would have been needed for libtarget.a, which gets linked earlier. That's why I tried to get my lib into the package.

OK. Another idea. Its a hack! Unpack the library with ar so you get the .o files. Put these into a new package. In the cdl for the new package instead of listing the source files list the .o files. With some luck the build system dependencies will see that it does not need to compile these file. It just needs to insert them into libtarget.a.

In fact, I could make that a custom build step with make_object. I'm gonna try it...

Still it would probably be worthwile to add a CDL option for librarys.

Thanks,
Heiko