This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Embedded scripting language
- From: Savin Zlobec <savin at elatec dot si>
- To: Øyvind Harboe <oyvind dot harboe at zylin dot com>
- Cc: ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:12:31 +0100
- Subject: [ECOS] Re: Embedded scripting language
- References: <402CD591.email@example.com> <1076680290.8240.17.camel@famine>
Øyvind Harboe wrote:
On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 14:48, Savin Zlobec wrote:Check lua_getgccount() and lua_getgcthreshold() or the lua versions
collectgarbage() and gcinfo().
In case you need to run only precompiled lua programs, then you can reduce
I have actually run Python on eCos :-) Configuration and getting it
setup is rather tedious (which is why I've not posted those ideas yet),I'm running Lua on AT91 EB40a board :-)
but it does provide a lush environment.
It takes <100k of code space, but I haven't investigated RAM usage yet.
the code size by excluding lua lex and parser - which are a big piece of
Code size isn't particularly important(I've got 2MB flash and 256k ram).
The ram overhead seems to be ~30k.
Described here http://www.lua.org/manual/5.0/manual.html#3.7
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss