This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Embedded scripting language
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl at eCosCentric dot com>
- To: "David N. Welton" <davidw at dedasys dot com>
- Cc: Øyvind Harboe <oyvind dot harboe at zylin dot com>,ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 05:57:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] Embedded scripting language
- References: <1076666717.8023.29.camel@famine> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
David N. Welton wrote:
or something else like Tcl ( http://tinytcl.sourceforge.net/ ).
Unlike the others, Tcl at least was originally designed as a scripting
language for embedded systems. It's grown since, so it's nice to see
something that returns it to its roots. Having a claimed 60K footprint
makes it fit much better into the eCos world too. And given other aspects
of eCos are based on Tcl (including CDL which is very much built on Tcl) it
would fit even better.
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ The eCos and RedBoot experts
Visit us at Embedded World 2004, Nürnberg, Germany, 17-19 Feb, Stand 12-449
--["No sense being pessimistic, it wouldn't work anyway"]-- Opinions==mine
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss