Re: eCos2.0 download

> Ah.... so behind your firewall you can't even resolve internet
names. Even
> so, that shouldn't be a problem. Note that it doesn't detect a
proxy, and
> if you use -v it won't ask you to try one if the download fails. Or
are you
> specifying the proxy parameters on the command line?

sorry I wasn't very clear on that point. This is not a firewall I have
on my network, this is a simple basic proxy. Therefore, I can't
resolve domain names from my PC but I have to configure the http_proxy
et ftp_proxy environment variables in my (bash) shell so that wget can
use them to send requests to the proxy server instead.

I tried your script again and it actually works okay if you specify
the proxy server on the command line (or after the regular direct
download times out and the script prompts for proxy details). I got
slightly confused because I thought those variables would be inherited
from the shell. My mistake!

It's all working now,

Well done and thank you very much,

Regards,