This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
- From: "Krishna Ganugapati" <krishnag at marakicorp dot com>
- To: <ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:43:27 -0800
- Subject: [ECOS] Beginner question
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20040216162735.GD29388@lunn.ch>
I'm curious to know what kind of PCI-IDE (ATAPI)support is available for
eCOS/RedBoot. We are building a custom board based on the IXP425 and we'd
like to boot our main OS off the IDE disk drive. Our board uses a
CMD-PCI680A IDE controller. I downloaded eCOS2.0 and notice that it has
support for enumerating and reading/writing to PCI devices, but nowhere is
there information on what kind of storage devices eCOS supports.
In the event, there is no such support, could someone point me to
recommended documentation to writing such drivers. Are there any template
Finally, my apologies if this is a frequently asked question.
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss