This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Hyperterm for Linux?
- From: Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc dot com>
- To: jason at cosmic dot utah dot edu
- Cc: eCos Discussion <ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:56:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] Hyperterm for Linux?
- Organization: MLB Associates
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 17:44, Jason Thomas wrote:
> I'm to the point of transfering a binary compiled for eCos to be loaded
> via redboot. From what I've found I need a terminal emulator that works
> over TCP/IP that supports yMODEM based transfers. Minicom only works
> over serial. Are there any Linux based programs that are commonly used
> for this?
Why would you want to run y-Modem over a TCP/IP connection? Either use
TFTP or use Y-Modem via serial.
I don't understand your statement "From what I've found I need a
terminal emulator that works over TCP/IP that supports yMODEM based
transfers." Can you please explain?
Gary Thomas <email@example.com>
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss