This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: how to add ethernet support for SNDS
- From: Roland Caßebohm <roland dot cassebohm at visionsystems dot de>
- To: Jonathan Larmour <jifl at eCosCentric dot com>, ying_hu at alliedtelesyn dot com
- Cc: "'eCos discussion'" <ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:43:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] how to add ethernet support for SNDS
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4035912D.1020603@eCosCentric.com>
On Freitag, 20. Februar 2004 05:46, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Hu Ying wrote:
> > Hi Jonathan,
> > I tried to build a redboot supporting ethernet from the "net" template.
> > I chose the net template for SNDS100, add the "Samsung KS32C5000
> > ethernet driver" and "RedBoot, the Red Hat bootstrap" packages. and I
> > enable the "Behave as a ROM monitor" option in ecos HAL. The startup
> > type is also set to "ROM".
> This isn't right. To build redboot you need to start with the redboot
> template. You should also then import the .ecm file in
> However, just to be clear, do you know that someone still needs to port the
> KS32C5000 driver to the SNDS platform? There's a bit of glue required
> before it will work.
As I know the ks32c5000 driver works as it is with the SNDS100 board.
To get a network ready RedBoot for SNDS100 you only have to add the
ks32c5000 ethernet package and the generic ethernet package.
As I can remember is the default phy device the right one, so it
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss