This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: How can I build a System, that enables firmware download for customers?
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl at eCosCentric dot com>
- To: Winkler Andreas <andreas dot aw dot winkler at siemens dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>,"'ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org'" <ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org>,info <info at eCosCentric dot com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:49:49 +0000
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] How can I build a System, that enables firmware download for customers?
- References: <BCB494E8B7BF2D40B56D1164C67BC2A801B16701@kher443a.ww004.siemens.net> <20040220105532.GO29388@lunn.ch>
Andrew Lunn wrote:
The hard bit here is getting the CRC check value in the correct place
if you upgrade your image from Linux. I don't know where it is
stored. You need to read the redboot sources. If its tagged onto the
end of the image it should be OK. If its stored inside the FIS
directory it will be a bit more difficult since you will need to be
able to modify that to insert the new value.
It's the latter. Which then makes the FIS update another point of failure.
All this type of stuff isn't an easy problem to solve, however...
There is an existing solution to this allowing you to reliably revert to a
previous image, but it's only available as a custom option with the eCosPro
Developer's Kit. Contact email@example.com if you want to find out more
and the URL in my sig gives more info about the EDK in general (eclipse
IDE, etc.etc.). Ad over :-).
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ The eCos and RedBoot experts
>>>>> Visit us in booth 2527 at the Embedded Systems Conference 2004 <<<<<
March 30 - April 1, San Francisco http://www.esconline.com/electronicaUSA/
--["No sense being pessimistic, it wouldn't work anyway"]-- Opinions==mine
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss