ecos, eCosCentric and the rest of the world

Hello,

I'm a little worried reading that more and more features that are developed for ecos by eCosCentric are only available in the eCosPro Developer's Kit.
For sure eCosCentric is the main engine of ecos development. If they decide to make the latest developments proprietary, ecos will get poorer and poorer, while it could gain lots of attractivity if those developments were fed back to the community.
eCosCentric lives from offering services for ecos developers. That's fair. But constructing their own "super-ecos" for paying customers is not quite a good idea in my opinion. You get two classes of developers: those who pay and the rest of the community. And one party gets the good sources and the other party gets the poor ones, while eCosCentric still takes profit from the community. And that is not fair in my opinion. If that is what eCosCentric is planning, the GPL part of ecos will die. That would be very sad.
For sure there are special developments for special eCosCentric customers, that cannont be fed back to the community because of copyright issues and nondisclosure agreements. But those also cannot be made available in the eCosPro Developer's Kit.
So I have a dream. All ecos sources are available for the community again. ecos gets better and better, lots of developers use it. And eCosCentric lives in great wealth form offering consulting and training.
But maybe that's just a dream.

Regards,
Dirk