Re: ecos, eCosCentric and the rest of the world

> As for your argument about those who pay and those who do not, I fear
> I have little sympathy.  I make my *entire living*, as do my colleagues
> at eCosCentric, by providing support and consulting on eCos.  I am much
> more inclined to help those that are willing to pay than those that do
> not.  On the other hand, I am also more than willing to share what I
> can to the community freely.  The fact that I can get paid for this,
> in support of certain customers, allows me the ability to share what I
> can with the public.

Don't let me be misunderstood. I appreciate the work that all contributors including
eCosCentric are doing very much. ecos is a great thing, support on the mailing list is
excellent (I am trying to participate as good as I can).

I am not at all against offering paid services. Also my company is offering paid services,
that's what I am living from. I explicitly said, that offering support and consulting for
money is allright.

My *main* concerns are about the eCosPro Developer's Kit. It's diving the community
into two part's. It's not only about special tools, but also about a special source tree.

Maybe you don't share my concerns, that's ok. I don't want to start a firefight, but
reading "xyz is only available with the eCosPro Developer's Kit" increasingly more often
makes me sad.

Regards,
Dirk
-- Dirk Eibach --
dirk.eibach@t-online.de
Querstr. 6	02736/491284
57299 Burbach	0171/2183742
<< Jesus - the rock that doesn't roll >>