The performance issue of FAT16 file system?

Hello,

I am a user of eCos FAT16 file system package, we ported the V85X CF disk package to another platform. But strange problems occur:

1. We run the fileio1 test for the FAT file system, the chdir(".") test failed!
2. When doing the maxfile() test, the file writting performance degrades quickly, that is to say, with the the increase of file length, the writting speed decereases quickly! At about 8 Megabytes file length's time, it costs the system about 5 seconds to write 100kilo-bytes while at the beginning of file creation, it only cost the system less than 1 second to write 100kilo-bytes.

Who can help us? Thanks very much!

Best regards.
James Jiao
jiaoxf@hellocq.net